Lace, Fish and Flowers – We shall use soluble fabric and free machining to create all these things and more. We shall work with the feed dogs down so the fabric can be moved easily in any direction. Your machine will need to have the facility to either drop the feed dogs or cover them with – plate. An embroidery or darning foot will be needed as well.
We shall create small pieces of lacy fabric, coral sea fish or colourful flowers to embellish – bag or – picture.
You will need to bring:
- Machine threads in a riot of colours
- Sewing machine that allows the feed dogs to be lowered, instruction book, embroidery/darning foot, foot pedal, lead, all accessories, including spare bobbins and machine needles
- Usual sewing kit including pins and sharp scissors
- Old towel
- Hair drier (I’ll bring one)
- Embroidery hoop (8in diameter)
- Waterproof drawing pen or air erasable pen
- Notebook, pen /pencil
- Soluble fabric if you have any – I shall bring some for sale