We shall explore the possibilities of working with a twin needle to create texture and perspective in fabric
We shall be working with the feed dogs up in the normal position. You will need twin needle. The width between the two needles, which are on one shank, should be 2.5mm or 3mm. The size of the needles can be 80/12 or 90/14.
You will need to bring:
Things to bring:
- A landscape picture, photo or drawing that inspires you
- Pieces of fabric in landscape colours, one piece being the main foreground, patterned or plain (preferably lightweight cotton) 30cmx 30cm – fat quarter size or bigger – the rest being same size or smaller. I shall bring a bag of scraps you can root through.
- Machine threads in blending colours
- Calico for a backing
- Sewing machine with instruction book, all accessories, foot pedal, lead, zig- zag foot (a wide hole), spare bobbins.
- Twin needle/s – size as above
- Sketch book/notebook
Pen and pencil